Quinoa is a popular grain. It’s a seed with a wide range of hues. Quinoa is a seed native to South America that is classed as a whole grain high in protein and fiber. Cooked quinoa contains 8 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber per cup. It is a complete protein, similar to the protein found in animal products such as eggs. This is unusual for a plant. It’s also devoid of gluten.
This quinoa dish is adaptable. Change up the dressing or add your favorite vegetables. To make it more refreshing, add lemon, lime, and cilantro, as well as carrots, broccoli, and cranberries for color and flavor.
Cook the quinoa before beginning the meal. Toss in some vegetables. Toss the quinoa with the dressing before serving and then sprinkle microgreens on top.
The microgreens will transform this plate of food into a work of art as well as add flavor, nutrients and provide a great texture to the dish.
For The Salad:
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup heirloom tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives pitted
- 2 1/2 tbsp green onion sliced thinly
- 1 ounce cooked black beans
- 1/2 avocado cut into small squares
- 2 cups micro greens
For The Dressing:
- 2 cloves large garlic
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- In a food processor, combine the red wine vinegar, garlic, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Pulse on high speed while slowly adding the oil until emulsified.
- Toss the salad ingredients with two tablespoons of dressing. If desired, add extra dressing.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
For The Best Helena Microgreens Contact Visit www.tizermicrogreens.com