This lightly flavored, coconut milk-laced ramen soup pulls together quickly, making it the ideal weekday meal for the whole family.
It’s both healthy and nourishing. This luscious, fragrant coconut curry ramen—which can easily be made vegan—is essentially a vegetable delivery system, thanks to the healthy fats from the coconut milk. You can use mushrooms, young bok choy, and edamame, but you can simply substitute or add any other vegetables you enjoy. But there are also lovely, amazing noodles, so it’s not all bad.
Easy recipes like these are what motivate us to cook at home on a daily basis, and cooking for yourself is a wonderful kind of self-care. If you only have 10 minutes, you can still make a soul-nourishing meal—if that isn’t a comforting thought, we don’t know what is.
The microgreens will enhance the flavors in this dish!
- 1 1/2 tbsp vegan Red Curry Paste
- 1/3 red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 thumb-size ginger, grated
- 1 stalk fresh lemongrass, minced
- 2 tsp.pure maple syrup or brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. lime or lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- A plateful of mixed veggies (green beans, bell peppers, mushrooms, broccoli)
- 2 cans of coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 3-4 kaffir lime leaves
- 2-3 packages of Japanese ramen, cooked
- Few slices of cooked tempeh or tofu
- 1 cup of frozen or fresh corn for topping
- 4-5 cherry tomatoes
- Few lime wedges
- Microgreens (daikon radish is great)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 cup vegetable broth, followed by the curry paste, shallots, garlic, ginger, and lemon grass, as well as sliced onion.
- Cook for about 8 minutes, or until the curry paste is completely dissolved.
- Add the remaining vegetable broth and 2 cans of coconut milk. Bring the curry to a boil, then lower to a low heat.
- Add the vegetable mixture, kafir lime leaves, and maple syrup in a mixing bowl. Cover and leave to simmer for about 5-8 min.
- Divide ramen into 2-3 soup bowls, scoop the delicious curry soup on top and garnish with fresh herbs, tomatoes, corn, tofu or tempeh.
For The Best Helena Microgreens Contact Visit www.tizermicrogreens.com