Have you ever enjoyed a breakfast of sweet potatoes? If you haven’t already, I strongly advise you to do so! This easy breakfast recipe is a fantastic way to use up leftover baked sweet potatoes while also getting in a few extra greens. If you don’t have a baked sweet potato on hand, start from scratch and cook for a few minutes longer.
Sweet potatoes are one of the most delicious root veggies on the planet! They’re tasty, nutritious, and very versatile. Sweet potatoes can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Baked, roasted, fried, mashed, they’re delicious. You can use their sweetness to compliment a dessert or other sweet food, but you can also use their sweetness to contrast a savory dish for a mix of delicious flavors.
These sweet potato breakfast rounds have a beautiful combination of flavors and textures, which are enhanced by the microgreens in the dish.
- ½ sweet potato, baked
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup micro greens
- Salt and pepper
- Drizzle of Olive oil
- Roughly chop your greens into bite-size pieces and place in the center of your platter.
- Drizzle the greens lightly with olive oil and season with a pinch of salt.
- Preheat a skillet or griddle over medium-high heat.
- When the pan is heated, add the olive oil and cook for about 30 seconds before adding the sweet potato slices.
- Cook until the edges begin to brown, then flip.
- Take the sweet potato slices out of the skillet and set them straight on top of the greens that have been prepped.
- Then, in your skillet, crack the two eggs.
- While the eggs are cooking, season them with salt and pepper. For a little extra flavor, sprinkle on some herbs (such oregano or thyme) or crushed red pepper.
- Place the eggs on top of the sweet potato slices.
- Garnish with the greens you set aside.