This smoothie is perfect for those days when you just want a hearty breakfast without the guilt. This smoothie will fulfill both your sweet taste and your nutritional requirements for the day.
Apple and bananas provide a delicious and rich flavor, while sunflower sprouts support the density of the smoothie and provide daily fiber and vitamins.
Sunflower microgreens have a mild nutty flavor and are high in nutrients such as good fats, protein, chlorophyll, vitamins, and minerals. They’re fantastic for your hair, skin, and nails, as well as your energy, digestion, and immune system.
You can also add hemp seeds. These small brown seeds are high in protein, fiber, and omega-3, and omega-6 fatty acids, all of which are beneficial to your health. They have antioxidant properties and may help to alleviate the symptoms of a variety of maladies, as well as improve the health of the heart, skin, and joints.
- 1 banana
- 1 green apple, cored and rough chopped
- 1 handful sunflower sprouts (½ cup)
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds (optional)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Combine ingredients in a high-powered blender with cold water and blend until smooth.
- Store in the refrigerator up to 24 hours.