Avocados are a nutrient-dense, delicious fruit and sunflower microgreens from give even more nutrition to this simple and adaptable microgreens recipe. This isn’t your typical guacamole, but oh my, it’s delicious!
Sunflower greens enrich guacamole with a fresh, nutty flavor that defies tradition. Sunflower Shoots Have a Lot of Health Benefits: Protein, zinc, omega fatty acids, B vitamins, folate, and LIVING enzymes are all abundant in this food.
Use this guacamole as a spread for toasted bread and top with roasted chicken, fried eggs, black beans, or smoked salmon instead of using it as a dip for tortilla chips or sliced veggies.
If you’re storing leftovers, apply a thin layer of water to the surface of the guacamole to act as an oxygen barrier and prevent browning. Before serving, drain the water and give it a good toss.
- 2 avocados
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup chopped sunflower shoots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 jalapeno, finely chopped
- In a mixing bowl, mash the avocado with the lime juice and salt until it forms a thick paste.
- Add the sunflower shoots, red onion, and jalapeno and stir to combine.
For The Best Helena Microgreens Contact Visit www.tizermicrogreens.com