There are few things better in life than a truly excellent steak accompanied with a delish microgreens salad.
When it comes to steak salads, the thinner the better. skirt steak has the chewiness and meaty flavor that some people want, but flank steak is a safer alternative.
With sweet, slightly spicy, and peppery flavors, this mixed microgreens salad is excellent and distinctive, and can be whipped up in just a few minutes.
The best aspect about this recipe is that the variety of micro greens will keep your salad cravings inspired all year. Make sure to include Chives Micros. Garlic Chives’ slender branches form wonderful microgreens with a distinct mild garlic flavor and a strong, pungent “garlicky” flavor that adds a tasty surprise to steak. When you don’t feel like smashing and peeling garlic, garlic chives are a terrific alternative.
- 1 punnet Mixed Microgreens – garlic chives, pink radish and mixed mustard
- 1 little gem lettuce, base removed2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- A pinch of ground black pepper and salt
- 2 Sirloin steaks
- Season the steaks with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook the steaks for 3–4 minutes on each side in a griddle pan over medium to high heat.
- Prepare the salad in the meantime. Place the gem lettuce leaves in a bowl. Snip the three punnets of microgreens and toss them together in the bowl.
- Drizzle the steaks with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and serve on top of the salad.
For The Best Helena Microgreens Contact Visit www.tizermicrogreens.com