These grilled zucchini rolls with ricotta and mint are a refreshing summertime snack. They take a little time to create – pesto, zucchini strips to grill, filling to mash, then assembly – but they won’t be harmed by an hour or two in the refrigerator between when you make them and when they arrive on your table.
You can use a mixed-herb pesto with a strong mint flavor, but a typical basil pesto would also work.. If you have mint leaves on hand, use them, but if you don’t, use basil leaves instead.
Sure, you’ll have more pesto, but you’ll discover a hundred uses for it: Salad dressing, spaghetti, crostini, grilled cheese sandwiches,etc.
The Zucchini Rolls are excellent and are a good sight as well!
- 4 cups mixed herbs, including mint, parsley, chives, tarragon, oregano, basil, and any other
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup roasted, salted almonds
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus more for grilling
- 5-6 zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- about 30 fresh mint leaves
- Make the herb pesto first: Put the herbs, garlic, almonds, grated cheese, lemon juice, and lemon zest in a food processor.
- Add the olive oil in a slow stream via the feed tube while the processor is running; process until the mixture is relatively smooth.
- Preheat an outside grill or a grill pan to medium heat.
- Brush both sides of the zucchini strips with a small amount of olive oil and season with salt.
- Grill the strips for about 1 minute on each side, or until softened and char marks appear.
- In a small mixing dish, combine the ricotta and a generous dollop of pesto, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Place one zucchini strip on a work surface. Place a mint leaf on top of portion of the ricotta mixture on the strip.
- Secure the zucchini strip with a toothpick after rolling it up. Repeat until all of the zucchini strips have been utilized.
- Serve slightly cold or at room temperature.
For The Best Helena Microgreens Contact Visit www.tizermicrogreens.com