Egg White& MicrogreensOmelette is a tasty, simple, and healthy breakfast that requires only a few ingredients and can be prepared in a flash. So, exactly what are Microgreens?
Microgreens are nutrient-dense, small leafy vegetables that can be used in cooking or as a flavoring or garnish. These sensitive stems and leaves are not sprouts, but rather small plants that can be grown indoors or outdoors in a matter of weeks, with or without soil. True, it may be grown in any plastic bowl lined with tissue paper or in a
small pot loaded with soil. It works in any case.
Despite their diminutive size, they are nutritionally dense, frequently carrying higher quantities of nutrients than mature vegetable greens. In this modern era, it is critical to include them in our diet. Microgreens have the same, if not more, antioxidants and nutrients as mature greens. Isn’t that thrilling?
Microgreens have a light flavor and can also be used in place of spinach in omelets. So here’s a quick, easy, and protein-packed all-natural summer dish that’s great for breakfast, brunch, or lunch.
- 2 egg whites
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 2 tsp. Milk
- 1 handful fresh microgreens
- Cooking spray
- Mix two egg whites with 2 tsp milk in a mixing bowl.
- Cook the mixture in a skillet with a little coating of cooking spray over medium-low heat.
- While the egg is cooking, season it with salt and pepper, then flip it over when the bottom appears to be done.
- Transfer it to a platter, top it with sliced avocado, crumbled goat cheese, and fresh microgreens, and fold it in half.