Cheesy Micros & Pine Nut Pesto
Do you enjoy pesto? Fresh basil and pine nuts combine in this classic recipe to make the ultimate quick and simple pesto! It’s a straightforward recipe with only a few components. It’s also quite healthful, especially when microgreens are used..
Pesto usually consists of four major ingredients. Basil, a firm cheese (typically parmesan), a nut or seed (commonly pine nuts), and olive oil. For this recipe, Use basil microgreens, parmesan cheese, and pine nuts but you can add spinach to your pesto if you want more greens to it.
You can substitute Romano or Asiago cheese for parmesan if you don’t have any on hand. You can substitute sunflower seeds for pine nuts if you don’t have any.
- 1 cup microgreens (pea and basil microgreens make a good combination)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- In a food processor, pulse pine nuts until totally broken down.
- Pulse in the olive oil and garlic until the garlic is finely chopped.
- Blend the microgreens with the oil in the food processor.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pesto base, grated cheese, and salt.
- Stir to blend, then taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Toss your favorite spaghetti with the pesto sauce.
For The Best Helena Microgreens Contact Visit www.tizermicrogreens.com