When pizza is so adaptable, who doesn’t want to make it at home? You can make a pizza with whichever flavors you like! This pizza features salty Parmesan, crunchy Pistachios, and bacon, as well as beautiful peppery Micro Greens on top. This pizza is suitable for breakfast, appetizers, a formal lunch, or a simple dinner.
Microgreens are organic, tiny, and up to 40 times more nutrient-dense than conventional vegetables, and that is also easy to cultivate and come with a plethora of flavors.
Your kids will love this pizza especially if you grow the microgreens yourself. Children are more inclined to try new foods if they have grown them. Planting, watering, watching them grow, and finally eating them are all activities that your children will enjoy!
- Honey Wheat Pizza Dough Recipe
- 1/2 Cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper, Fresh Ground
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 Cup Pistachios, Chopped
- 4 Strips Applewood Smoked Bacon, Sliced into 1-2″ strips
- 1/2 Cup Micro Greens
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the Ricotta, Parmesan, Olive Oil, Sea Salt, and Pepper in a mixing dish and stir well. Spread the mixture on top of the prepared pizza crust. Layer the Bacon and half of the Pistachios on top.
- Bake for 14-18 minutes, or until the dough is golden brown and the bacon is crisp.
- Garnish with the remaining Pistachios and Micro Greens before serving.