This cheesy broccoli cauliflower rice is a fantastic keto side dish that takes only 15 minutes to prepare. It’s low-carb comfort food with a healthy twist: instead of rice, you use riced broccoli and cauliflower.
Broccoli microgreens elevates this dish with flavor and nutrition. According to studies, broccoli microgreens contain up to ten times the amount of sulforaphane seen in mature broccoli. So broccoli sprouts are really beneficial to your health, and they don’t taste bad too.
Broccoli also has adequate vitamin C levels, higher vitamin E levels than mature plants, but lower vitamin K levels than adult plants, making them ideal for people with renal disease.
It’s preferable to eat broccoli sprouts raw if you truly want to get the health advantages, because cooking them deactivates the enzyme that transforms glucosinolates to isothiocyanates.
- 1 bag of cauliflower rice
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Spicy Salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 Tbsp barbecue sauce, to taste
- ¼ C cheddar cheese
- 1/4 C broccoli micro greens
- Heat the oil, shallot, and garlic in a medium pan for about 2 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower rice.
- Mix in the salt, pepper, smoked paprika and barbecue sauce until the rice is thoroughly seasoned.
- Add the cheddar cheese and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cheese is completely melted.
- Place the mixture in a baking dish.
- Brown the cheese in the oven until it is golden brown and bubbling on top (approx. 5-10 minutes)
- Garnish with broccoli micro greens and Spicy Salt.
For The Best Helena Microgreens Contact Visit www.tizermicrogreens.com